More Bad News For Gunners As Arsenal’s €16 Million Bid For Brazilian Is Rejected

Bernard-Main-1944280The Portuguese daily, O Jogo, reports that Atletico Mineiro have rejected the latest bid for Bernard, which is believed to be around €16 million.

Atletico’s sporting director; Eduardo Maluf has told reporters that the club received an offer from an English club, which was rejected. This English club is believed to be Arsenal, who have followed up their interest in the Brazilian winger, with a formal bid.

Atletico Mineiro are playing hardball with clubs over the sale, and won’t even consider a bid, until it meets their asking price of £21 million for the latest Brazilian prodigy. Along with Arsenal, FC Porto have also bid for Bernard, which was also rejected, thought to be in the region of £15.5 million. Tottenham, Liverpool and Shakhtar Donetsk are also said to be interested in Bernard, which is making Atletico confident of their valuation being met, since they know that all interested clubs have enough money to pay for Bernard, which is the reason why they are holding on to him.

Meanwhile, Bernard’s agent has said that if he has his way, ‘Bernard would be on his way to FC Porto now’, signalling the most likely destination for the winger. L’Equipe had reported a while back that Arsenal had agreed a deal for Bernard, but it has not materialised yet.

Loading...

You may also like...

2 comments

  1. you reported last week that he was having a medical on friday and had agreed terms .Think before u write.

Comments are closed.