Get up to date on Arsenal transfer news, injury updates, fixtures, not restricting reports on Arsenal Ladies and share your opinions on Goonerhead
It looks as if Malcom’s move to Arsenal is well and truly off… for now.
Malcom’s been heavily linked with Arsenal over the last week with the Gunners even said to have met the 20-year-old’s representatives. However, according to the Times (£), the winger has rejected the Gunners’ terms.
What’s more, Bordeaux are allegedly annoyed by Arsenal’s public pursuit of the Brazilian. They aren’t willing to sell Malcom in January and they’re said to be demanding £44.5m.
When asked about the potential transfer during his pre-Crystal Palace presser on Thursday morning, Arsene Wenger admitted that it doesn’t look as if it will go ahead this month.
Malcom was initially seen as a replacement for Alexis Sanchez. The Chilean has reportedly signed a four-and-a-half year contract with Manchester United, which will earn him £14m-per-year after tax.
Now, it looks as if Arsenal have focused their attention on Borussia Dortmund striker, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang instead.
It’s unclear whether the Gunners will return for Malcom in the summer. The 20-year-old has until June 2021 on his contract with Bordeaux and considering he’s one of their best players at the moment, I imagine the Ligue 1 club will do everything they can to convince him to stay. Or, at the very least, get their full asking price.
This season, the winger’s scored seven goals and provided five assists in 19 league appearances.