Official: Agent confirms £20m star attacker has agreed Arsenal move, announcement imminent

Get up to date on Arsenal transfer news, injury updates, fixtures, not restricting reports on Arsenal Ladies and share your opinions on Goonerhead

Lucas Perez’s agent has denied that the forward is in talks with Roma over a move to Serie A this summer.

Has there ever been a more chatty agent than Rodrigo Fernandez Lovelle?

Lucas’s Spanish agent has been incredibly open about his client’s transfer away from Arsenal this summer despite the forward only signing from Deportivo a year ago.

Rodrigo Fernandez Lovelle was the one to speak out about how upset Lucas was at Alexandre Lacazette being given his #9 shirt, he was the one to confirm that the 28-year-old had indeed handed in a transfer request the same day Arsene Wenger had revealed that he’d be leaving, and now he’s the guy letting everyone know that his client is NOT going to Roma.

“There are no negotiations with Roma and they are not seeking a player like him,” Rodrigo Fernandez Lovelle told Romanews WebRadio, as reported by Football-Italia.

“It’s not true, there are no negotiations with Roma.

“I am friends with Monchi and can assure you he is not seeking a player like him. In fairness, Monchi was interested in Perez when he was still the director at Sevilla, but Roma do not need a player with his characteristics.

“The Giallorossi already have centre-forwards and I don’t know why Perez’s name appeared in the papers linked with Roma, but I can guarantee the are not looking for players like him.

“I spoke to Monchi many times and he confirmed it. Roma have not shown any interest in my client. Monchi was very clear with me, they are not seeking strikers.”

Corriere dello Sport [via Football-Italia] claimed on Saturday that the Italian club had been offered Lucas for £12.2m, slightly less than the £13.4m Arsenal are allegedly demanding. However, as Lucas’s agent says, this obviously isn’t true.

Loading...

You may also like...