Get up to date on Arsenal transfer news, injury updates, fixtures, not restricting reports on Arsenal Ladies and share your opinions on Goonerhead
Two Arsenal players have been nominated for the UEFA team of the year award.
Vivianne Miedema and Jodie Taylor have both made the 10-woman shortlist nominated for the UEFA team of the year, which will be presented at the 2017/18 UEFA Champions League group stage draw ceremony on Thursday 24 August in Monaco.
Miedema and Taylor were both heavily involved in this summer’s Women’s Euros, with the hosts, Miedema’s Netherlands, winning the tournament.
The 21-year-old only signed for Arsenal from Bayern Munich in May but she’s already turning heads after scoring four goals in six appearances for the Netherlands during the Euros. She’s now netted 45 in 57 for her country.
Taylor, meanwhile, has been at Arsenal since last year, scoring five in nine.
The 31-year-old won the Euro’s Golden Boot after netting five goals in 328 minutes for England as well, including a hat-trick during the Lionesses’ 6-0 thumping of Scotland.
Unfortunately, Taylor couldn’t get her England side past the semi-final after they were knocked out by hosts and eventual tournament winners, the Netherlands.
Good luck to both Taylor and Miedema!
Here are the rest of the nominations:
- Pernille Harder (Denmark, Linköping and Wolfsburg)
- Dzsenifer Marozsán (Germany, Lyon)
- Lieke Martens (Netherlands, Rosengård and Barcelona)
- Eugénie Le Sommer (France, Lyon)
- Wendie Renard (France, Lyon)
- Jackie Groenen (Netherlands, FFC Frankfurt)
- Lucy Bronze (England, Manchester City)
- Shanice van de Sanden (Netherlands, Liverpool)