Breaking! Hector Bellerin confirms departure from the Emirates

Get up to date on Arsenal transfer news, injury updates, fixtures, not restricting reports on Arsenal Ladies and share your opinions on Goonerhead

Hector Bellerin admits ‘everything is more difficult’ following his family’s decision to leave north London for Barcelona as speculation surrounding his own future intensifies.

The 22-year-old committed his long-term future to Arsenal last year by signing a new five-year deal, but he appears to have had his head turn by Barcelona’s renewed interest in their former academy graduate.

On Tuesday Bellerin revealed his family had already left London and that he was flattered by Barcelona’s reported interest. Subsequent reports claimed the right-back had already reached an agreement with the Catalan giants who are prepared to offer three players in exchange.

And in a fresh interview with Spanish outlet Sport, translated by Sportwitness, Bellerin admitted the prospect of not being with his family filled him with dread.

‘Being with my parents after games, it’s something I’ve done since childhood,’ he said.

‘I like to share these moments with them. Everything is more difficult if they are not with you.’

Valverde on Barca’s current right-back options

‘Both Aleix Vidal and Sergi Roberto are two great players who can contribute a lot for us, for sure. I know that Sergi Roberto has been playing there for a long time. One of the virtues of Sergi Roberto is the versatility and I hope he continues with it and can help us in both positions.’

Barca have been forced to use midfielder Sergi Roberto at right-back this season and have made signing an established defender a priority, with Bellerin the most likely candidate.

‘It is very nice to hear about the interest from a club like Barca, the club I grew up with from when I was a kid,’ Bellerin told Mundo Deportivo earlier this week.

‘I do not know anything at the moment. I’m an Arsenal player, but we’ll see what happens.’

 

Loading...

You may also like...