Get up to date on Arsenal transfer news, injury updates, fixtures, not restricting reports on Arsenal Ladies and share your opinions on Goonerhead
Barcelona have reached an agreement with Sevilla to sell 23-year-old Munir El Haddadi in a move that could mean bad news for Unai Emery and Arsenal.
Munir made his debut for the Catalan giants when he was 18, scoring against Elche before going on to win the league twice, the Copa del Rey twice and a Champions League.
Is Munir’s Barcelona exit bad news for Arsenal? Five key things to know…
- Arsenal have identified Barcelona midfielder Denis Suarez as one of their primary targets.
- Emery has made it clear, however, that Arsenal can only sign players on loan.
- On the other hand, Barcelona are only willing to let Suarez leave on a permanent deal.
- Munir’s departure means that Valverde’s squad is now thinner, reducing the likelihood Suarez will leave.
- With rumours of Aaron Ramsey moving on to Juventus this month, Emery needs to find a solution in this window.